Meeting Minutes: Tuesday, June 17, 2014The Arkansas Corvair Club met at our regular meeting place, US Pizza on McCain Park Drive, NLR, on Tuesday, June 17. The meeting was called to order by president, Keith LaCrosse. The minutes from our May meeting were read and two corrections were made. Elvis King gave a financial report. We currently have $2,179.48 in our treasury. We had 24 in attendance including Frank and Mary Campbells daughter, Shannon Robinson, and their granddaughters, Hope and Heather Robinson. We were glad to have Sean Stamm with us and especially happy that he joined our club.
Old BusinessKeith presented two examples of logos for the 2015 Great Plains Roundup created by Scott Mattson for us to view and discuss. Members present voted to authorize Scott to continue working on one of them and made suggestions for changes to it. Upon receiving this from Scott, Todd Sanders will email it to members. We also discussed ideas on what design to place on the back of the shirts. Keith led a discussion on promotional materials we must have available at the 2014 Great Plains Roundup held at Branson, MO. This will include registration forms and pamphlets promoting the tourist attractions in the North Little Rock/Little Rock area. Todd Sanders said he has contacted the North Little Rock Visitors Bureau and the Wyndham Hotel about brochures.
Although we normally do not have a July meeting because it interferes with the CORSA convention, we voted to have a July meeting this year. We felt that it is imperative to stay on schedule with our planning sessions for the 2015 Great Plains Roundup.
Keith read an email from the Ozark Mustang Club thanking us for donating for the trophy Best Corvair for the Ozark Mustang Club Car & Bike Show to be held on the July 12.
AnnouncementsGary Walker read a list and gave out printed information sheets of car shows scheduled for the next few months that might be of interest. Todd Sanders will email this information to all members and include a full list in the July Newsletter.
- Crawdad Days Car Show in Harrison May 16 and 17
- 3rd Annual Colby Kesterson Car & Motorcycle Show, Malvern, June 21
- Fly, Drive & Shine at the NLR Airport, North Little Rock, June 28
- Pack the Ball Field Car Show, Vandervoort, July 5
- Ozark Mustang Show, Ozark, July 12 (best Corvair trophy awarded)
- Shepherd of the Hills Car Show August 7-9 Branson, MO
- Pack the Park Car Show, Nashville, September 13
- Bismarck Bash 2014, Bismarck, September 27
- 11th Annual Mid-South Car Show, Sheridan, September 27
- 2014 Great Plains Roundup, Branson, September 30 October 5
- Robbers Cave Fall Festival, Wilberton, OK, October 18
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned
JB King, Secretary